The Prince William County Bar Association is Established
The founding members of the Prince William County Bar Association met on the July 25th, 1941, in the office of T. E. Didlake in the Peoples National Bank Building in Manassas, Virginia, and adopted the Constitution of the PWC Bar Association.
Download the original constitution and the minutes of that meeting.
B & W newspaper image of PWC Courthouse 1941
PWC Courthouse 2021
Founding Members and their Office Locations
The founding members of the PWC Bar Association occupied the second floor of the following buildings in 1941:
National Bank of Manassas, (The Man Cave in 2021)
Rob A. Hutchison
W. Hill Brown, Jr.
Special thanks to the Manassas Museum for sharing information about the location of attorney’s offices in 1941, photographs of those office buildings as close to 1941 as available, and photographs of Robert A. Hutchison, W. Hill Brown, Jr. and T.E. Didlake, also as close to 1941 as available.
Peoples National Bank, (Okra’s in 2021)
Arthur W. Sinclair
C. Lacey Compton
MIC Building, (Ameriprise Financial in 2021)
Stanley A. Owens
Note: Stanley Owen’s office was located over Fisher’s Hardware Store, which occupied space on Battle Street, likely in the back section of the MIC building, which was destroyed by fire.