Eligibility for Membership in the Prince William County Bar Association
Regular membership is open to all attorneys who are members in good standing of the Virginia State Bar, who are lawfully licensed to practice law
- AND who maintain a bona fide office for private practice within the area encompassed by the jurisdiction of the Circuit Court of Prince William County, (31st Judicial Circuit)
- OR who are employed as an attorney by a Federal or State Government, or employed by a private organization, within the 31st Judicial Circuit
- OR maintain a substantial portion of their practice at the time of application within the 31st Judicial Circuit
- OR maintain their residence within the 31st Judicial Circuit
Regular membership includes voting status
- Associate membership is available for all attorneys who are currently licensed in another state and/or jurisdiction. Associate membership is a non-voting status.
- Senior membership is available to all attorneys who have been regular members of the PWC Bar, but are now over 60 years of age and are not engaged in practice full-time. A regular member may transition to senior membership status. This is a voting status.
- Student membership is available for those currently enrolled, in an ABA-accredited law school. Student membership is a non-voting status.
Sponsorship of New Members
Membership applicants must obtain sponsorship by two Regular members in good standing of the PWCBA. Student members need only one Regular member in good standing to sponsor. The application must also be approved by a majority vote of the Board of Directors.
- Regular and Associate members in practice for three years or less pay $100.00 per year.
- Regular and Associate members in practice for four or more years pay $175.00 per year.
- Senior members pay $75.00 per year.
- Student members pay $25.00 per year.